Only 12 days and counting until my first teacher day back in the saddle. As I reflect on the summer of learning I have a brain full of new tools, a list of new online friends, hundreds of web sites to share, and not enough time to get projects completed before starting back. I have a whole new vocabulary, as many of you do including, diigo, twitter, twitterverse, plurk, ning, web2.0, DEN, DEN/Star, KTI, NECC, PETE&C, kmz file, and more. Perhaps I should create a dictionary, or point to one that has these words and more within.

Delicious is not a verb, but a noun, plurk is not what you do to your eyebrows, but communicate with others while micro-blogging (there is another one for the dictionary). Twitter is not a bird song, but an action word, diigo is not using a shovel, but sharing and highlighting websites. Just because I ning, does not mean I can't spell (but I really can't), rather that I have joined a wide universe of edTech professionals who share their toys. The DEN is not an exclusive private place to hibernate, but another collaborate site connected to DiscoveryEducation. More, more, more and more.

I have already written my first version of September newsletter TechTalk for our parents and teachers. It will include two web2.0 tools each month, new acquisitions in our library and a tech tip or two. We will see how it is received. I will publish a version here when it is finalized.

Get ready, get set.....start your engines and prepare for the start of a new year. I am always excited to return. How about you?


This entry was posted on 5:43 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: