I came across this new widget, Shelfari. What a great way to share books with your classroom students, or for your library to post what is new to the collection. Scroll down a bit and you will find my Shelfari on the left.
I showed it to our librarian who is putting it on the library page. She is listing the new Newberry Award winning books she recently purchased. Down the road she is going to add another shelf with "student picks". There are great uses for this throughout the school:
  • -summer reading lists
  • -teacher reading suggestions for class
  • -subject specific books
  • -tutorials available in the school
  • -sharing what teachers are reading
I know people will find many more uses for this simple/FREE tool for their page and I am sure many of you will adapt it to your purposes!


This entry was posted on 9:56 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: